Frequently Asked Questions
Concrete Slab Insulation
- How easy is it to insulate prior to installing concrete floors in basements?
- Why is it important to insulate under concrete floors in basements and heated garages?
- How much R-value should be installed under concrete floors in basements?
- What are the benefits of installing insulation to the ground before installing concrete?
- How does under slab insulation reduce moisture movement from the ground?
- Where can we see the product, and do you send samples?
- How do we cut the panel if needed?
- Who installs the INSTA-PANELS®?
- How do you install INSTA-PANELS®?
- What is the difference between steel and fiberglass skinned panels?
- Are INSTA-PANELS® Ontario Building Code approved?
- What is the thickness of INSTA-PANELS®?
- How much weight can you put on INSTA-PANELS® when you are pouring the concrete?
- How thick should concrete be poured over INSTA-PANELS®?
- Is steel mesh a requirement for INSTA-PANELS®?
Radiant Floor Heating
- What are the best finishes to put on top of radiant heating?
- How much tubing does a hydronic radiant system need to function effectively?
- Is wire mesh required to install radiant tubing to all under concrete insulation systems?
- How deep in the concrete should radiant tubing be installed for floor heating applications?
- How thick should the concrete be installed over radiant heating?
- What spacing should be used when installing radiant floor heating?
- If more insulation is installed under the radiant heating, do I need less radiant tubing?
- Is radiant heating cheaper to operate than forced air?
- What systems are available to heat poured basement slabs?
- How much insulation should be installed in conjunction with radiant floor heating?